Group and Individual LBGTQ+ Programs Funding
Are you an MIT student group seeking funding for a project or event through LBGTQ+ services? The LBGTQ+ Services team will review all applications and then get back to you about funding and possible next steps.
LBGTQ+ and WoC Professional Development Funds for Undergraduate Students
We are pleased to announce the creation of two new Professional Development funds. This fund is in collaboration from WGS, OME, and LBGTQ+ brought on by WoC and LBGTQ+ students who had advocated for additional support from MIT.
The Women of Color Professional Fund is for currently enrolled MIT Women of Color undergraduate students. The LBGTQ+ Professional Development Fund is for currently enrolled all undergraduate LBGTQ+ MIT students.
You can apply for funding to provide you with the following resources:
- Graduate and professional school applications
- Graduate and professional school travel
- Professional conference registration and travel
- General education opportunities
- Graduate/professional/Medical schools admissions exams
- Graduate/professional/Medical schools exams prep
- Professional attire as it relates to professional dress, including gender affirmation
- Government forms/paperwork fees for LBGTQ+ students
- Legal name change
You can apply for the funds and learn more here: wgs.mit.edu/professionalfunds
When you complete the form, please check which fund you are applying for (you may check both).