LBGTQ+ Services supports numerous student, employee, and alumnx groups as well as other departments and initiatives on campus aiming to foster equity, intersectionality, and the continuum of social justice. From individual student support to organizational development and institutional policy advocacy, LBGTQ+ Services' support, programming, and educational endeavors aim to enhance the experiences of MIT's LBGTQ+ community.
COMMUNITY. JUSTICE. EDUCATION.
Over the course of the fall of 2015 and winter of 2016, a few hundred students and LBGTQ+ community members have been working to compile recommendations to the Institute that support an improved experience for LBGTQ+ students at MIT. For more information on these recommendations, as well as other recommendations set forth by various campus constituents, please visit the following links:
- The Recommendations News (BSU)
- Recommendations for Addressing Racial Bias at MIT (BGSA)
- Report on the Status of Undergraduate Women at MIT
- Recommendations of LBGTQ+ Students and Communities at MIT AY2016
LBGTQ+ Services Value Statements
- We educate and uplift the MIT community about the diversity of identities including ace/aro, genderqueer, intersex, nonbinary, pansexual, trans and many more.
- We encourage others to examine their assumptions, and to practice open, honest, and respectful discussion.
- We help the community to develop an inclusive, and equitable environment where all experiences and identities - especially intersecting marginalized identities - are welcome.
- We collaborate with other groups and offices to address issues of social justice on campus including ability, class, gender, race, religion, and sexual/romantic orientation amongst others.
- We work to support improvements to LBGTQ+ related Institute-wide policy/procedure, communication, advocacy, and organizational change.
- We advocate for diverse leadership at all levels of MIT.
MIT Rainbow Lounge | Walker Memorial Second Floor (50-250)
A wheelchair-accessible lift can be found on the western side of Building 50. A swinging door on the opposite eastern end of the large room will lead to an elevator. Upon exiting the elevator on the second floor, make a left and the Rainbow Lounge will be at the far side of the Pritchett Dining room. The Rainbow Lounge can also be reached by stairs via the entrance marked "Pritchett Dining" at the rear of Building 50 facing the East Campus dorms (Building 62).
The Rainbow Lounge is closed till further notice.
All activities and events will be online.
Check the "Digital Content" tab in the menu.
Walker Memorial (50-250)
142 Memorial Dr.
Cambridge, MA 02139
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139